Strategy Team/Senior Designer
- Outstanding creative portfolio
- 7-10 years design experience, working for an agency or design firm
- Strength in brand strategy, conceptual thinking and advertising design
- Demonstrated skills in type design and interactive design
- Experience art directing photography, video and illustration
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiating skills
- Experience building client relationships
- Strong management skills
Major Job Responsibilities and Related Duties:
- Develop and manage world-class design projects. Create a broad range of compelling solutions for client marketing challenges
- Lead key projects and internal teams both strategically and creatively
- Ensure delivery of compelling creative work, on-time, on budget
- Contribute to total client solution and project scope on key creative projects
- Facilitate synergistic partnerships between designers, writers, client services and operations
- Contribute to a feeling of belonging to Creative Services
- Bring energy and fresh ideas to the creative process
- Seek out professional development opportunities for yourself and other members of the design group
- Provide marketing support; participate in appropriate sales and creative presentations
- Develop key client professional relationships
- Review and analyze design job costs for your projects
Qualified Candidates Should Possess the Following:
- Experienced in Adobe Creative Suite: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
- Additional experience in Adobe After Effects is a plus
- Experience in creating compelling PPT presentations
- High level of organization and ability to adhere to deadlines
- A positive attitude
- Must display the maturity required to work in a casual, informal office setting
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Advertising, Graphic Design or related field preferred
- Client satisfaction
- Implementation of consistent policies and procedures for creative sessions and post-project creative analysis
- Visibility and leadership within project teams
- Personal visibility and leadership at project launches and at critical development milestones on key projects
The above job description is designed to indicate a general sense of the duties and expectations of this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required. As the nature of our business demands change, so too may the duties of this position.
Please include work samples or a link to your portfolio with your application.
Hanley Wood, www.hanleywood.com, is currently seeking an Event Producer to serve as a lead event expert for the Hanley Wood brand, tradeshows, custom conferences, and events. Events include, but are not limited to:
- Tradeshows with exhibits and special events
- 50-750 person brand-focused conferences and events
- 50-500 person custom client events
Major Responsibilities and Related Duties:
- Manage day-to-day client relationships
- Manage all aspects for client deliverables (internal and external) for events
- Manage site evaluation and contract negotiation.
- Manage and monitor venue contracts to avoid penalties.
- Manage all on-site activities to include, but not limited menus, entertainment, transportation, etc. (all aspects of the event).
- Manage event registration.
- Prepare and produce event materials (notebooks, signage, etc.).
- Manage audio visual planning and execution.
- Manage sponsor communication and management.
- Onsite management of event set-up and execution including décor, production, transportation, and entertainment.
- Provide strategic insight on all marketing activity (campaigns, conferences, events, etc.); on time and on budget
- Work in partnership and support the efforts of senior and executive-level sales leadership in the business development to include:
- Representing the business in high-level meetings to discuss strategy, client presentations
- Prepare and be able to present high-level client presentations on calls with publishers, sales staff
- Support sales specialists (staff) with significant selling materials (defined as sales support). This includes strategic development as well as managing the execution
- Drive and monitor event performance against stated objectives
- Prepare accurate budgets and estimates for assigned events
- Maintain regular event reports for department director to include financial status and overall logistical status
- Follow Departmental Procedures and Rules for Executing Work
- Complete event files.
- Prompt review and resolution of all vendor invoices.
- Correct coding and processing of all vendor invoices.
- Complete and up-to-date reports to marketing managers and department director.
Qualified candidates should possess the following Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 5 -7 years related experience in event production role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience managing national events
- Tradeshow booth experience
- Guerilla and social media marketing experience
- Budget management, financial management and projection skills
- Ability to work independently and make decisions of wide variety and complexity
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Be the go-to expert for all event-related inquiries
- Demonstrated event experience in a for-profit environment (publishing/media preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative, multi-tasker, problem solver, team player
- Proven track record of developing industry relationships with clients and peers, vendors and business partners
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Proficiency using Mac Software suites preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based, new business environment
- Executive level contact with new and prospective clients
- Ability to work in multiple environments while traveling on business with little delay
- Proven ability to perform and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline driven environment
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.