Hanley Wood Marketing (HWM) is a full-service brand strategy and content marketing agency with more than 30 years of experience serving Fortune 500 companies. The Content Director serves as the creative and strategic lead on content marketing projects. This is a job for writers, editors, and journalists who can lead project teams, coordinate with account management, and work directly with clients.
The Content Director is responsible for establishing a successful content marketing strategy for our clients, as well as ensuring the successful execution of tactics to support that strategy. Examples of content we produce and channels we use include digital articles, videos, emails, print publications, and social media.
As a service group within Hanley Wood, HWM often focuses on B2B companies that operate within the residential and commercial design and construction industry. Knowledge of how manufacturers, firms, individual trades, and associations operate within this industry is essential for success in this role.
Primary Essential Duties:
• Interpret client needs and create content for complex marketing projects.
• Continually re-invent and reimagine programs to meet evolving client needs and market and technology changes.
• Lead internal and external creative teams, including writers, editors, designers, videographers digital storytellers and other creative resources.
• Develop and maintain a network of industry sources and collaborators.
• Lead, manage and collaborate with clients.
• Partner with client services, digital resources and senior designers to develop solutions.
• Champion a strategic and creative environment by bringing new ideas, solutions and resources to the department.
• Represent the creative team in client meetings, staff meetings and at external events.
• Support new business efforts, such as RFPs, new business presentations and marketing resources.
• Support and backup other content directors as needed.
• Manage other content editors, writers, and designers within the company or on contract.
Experience, Skills, and Talents Required:
• 8+ years’ experience in content marketing, editing, journalism, or other content development roles.
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of all facets of storytelling, from custom publications and websites to social media and email marketing. Experience in B2B storytelling and content marketing is beneficial, but journalists are encouraged to apply.
• Knowledge of audience segments within the residential and commercial design and construction industry, such as large and small builders, remodeling firms, replacement contractors and dealers, and architects and design professionals.
o Knowledge of building product manufacturers and the energy industry; and/or experience working with nonprofit trade associations is a plus.
• Ability to present strategy and creative to clients in a manner that leads and persuades.
• Understanding of digital marketing fundamentals, such as email and web programs, SEO, social media, and marketing automation.
• Knowledge of digital writing best practices.
• Passion for detail, originality, and strategy.
Education and Certifications Required:
• B.S. or B.A. degree in Marketing, Journalism or English required.
About this Posting:
The above job description is designed to indicate a general sense of the duties and expectations of this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required. As the nature of our business demands change, so too may the duties of this position.
About Hanley Wood Marketing
Our unique combination of world-class brand strategy and content marketing solutions creates new possibilities for businesses, drives ROI, and helps customers grow.
As a content director, you’ll work in a culture that’s highly collaborative, creative, and respectful. You’ll join colleagues who work across departments and teams, freely sharing knowledge, capabilities, and strategies to bring the greatest possible value to each project.
HWM’s cross-industry client roster includes clients of every size, and four Fortune 300 clients: Ameriprise Financial, FedEx, Sherwin-Williams, and 3M. For the latest examples of our work, please visit http://www.hanleywoodmarketing.com/about-us/